Wednesday, October 12, 2011

September 27, 2011- Gender Reveal































Leaving the ultrasound I felt amazing! Burt was super excited to be having another son and I knew the kids would be thrilled. After I dropped Burt off I started on my mission. I stopped by Party City to order the blue balloons for the balloon release and the yellow and black balloons needed to decorate for our bee themed mini party. I also made a quick stop at the storage store to buy a huge U-haul box. Alexa and I finally ended our shopping at Carters. She was a bit cranky by then as she hadn't had a nap yet so I didn't get to go baby boy crazy like I really wanted. I bought 3 or 4 sleepers, 1 or 2 outfits, and a super soft blue star blanket. The princess took a short cat nap in the car and we headed home. I had about a half hour to hide the balloons in the box and wrap it. I taped the yellow and black balloons around and hung the "Baby McCabe" bee themed banner. As soon as I picked up the kids the questions started. They were interrogating me and I wouldn't budge. They analyzed every answer for clues. When we got home we made a short list of boys and girls names that they'd like to name the baby. The list included but was not limited to Gabe (from Good Luck Charlie) and Phineas (from Phineas and Ferb). Silly kids! Too much TV! When I finally let them open the box the smiles were priceless! Unfortunately Abby grabbed one of the balloons as they were floating out of the box so I didn't get any pictures of her smiles but I guarantee there were smiles. They were both giddy excited for at least an hour afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment