Tuesday, October 11, 2011

September 12, 2012- Hello in there little one!



This morning at 10:10am I had my monthly appointment with the midwives. My usual midwife, Becca, is out this month and next month because she had her hand operated on. Instead I saw Amy. She's very nice but very quick and to the point. Becca is much more chatty. I gained a 1/2lb. My blood pressure by the nurses definition was a bit high (140/82), but Amy said that was fine and wasn't worried about it a bit. With that she had me hop up onto the table to take a listen with the doppler. I held Alexa in between my legs and within a couple of seconds we heard this little peanut's heart beating nice and loud. I've had ultrasounds where we heard the baby's heartbeat but it always makes the pregnancy feel more real to start being able to check on him/her with the doppler at every appointment. When we couldn't catch it at my 12 week appointment I was very disappointed. Since then I've been waiting to feel any sort of movement in there but sadly have yet to feel that either. This was just another pregnancy milestone under my belt.

It's hard to believe that by my next appointment we'll know if Scooby Snack is a boy or a girl. My next appointment is October 10th. Boy! Boy! Boy! We need some more blue around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment