Sunday, June 6, 2010

What a gymnast!!

It's 12:15am and I'm sitting here wide awake feeling her moving about in my tummy. Moving is not quite the right term as it seems if she's trying to break out of there. Maybe it's my position at my desk but she seems to be kicking and punching up a storm. It's actually almost uncomfortable. I have a leg kicking me in the right side of my tummy and a head butting me in the cervix and still even an arm or two punching into my lower right side. Is she getting ready for some action in there? I feel her head even lower into my pelvis tonight. Maybe she's dropped, but I've thought that before and I'm just unsure. I've vowed that tomorrow I will completely finish packing all of the hospital bags. I've got most of the things either in the bag or written down in a list to be thrown in the bag but it's definitely not completely finished. I'm so afraid I'm going to forget something.

I guess I should update about my doctor's appointment on Thursday as it was the most eventful I've had yet. Again the appointment didn't start on time. I think the office was running about one hour behind. And I had Moon as my midwife instead of Amy who I was scheduled to see. Moon is very weird. She's not very talkative and I'm not sure I like her. But rewind a bit. I went back and was weighed. I'm now officially 8 pounds over my prepregnancy weight. So somehow with all this eating I've been doing I lost 3 pounds. The nurse then took my blood pressure with the small cuff and then again with the larger one. I figured she probably got a wacky reading and wanted to use the big one to correct it. Well, the big one gave her a reading of 142/100. Not off the charts, but still high. She sent me into the potty for a urine sample to check for protein. I was then sent back into the waiting room. Soon Moon came out to get me for my appointment. She stopped in the hallway to ask how I felt and I told her I was feeling a bit off but overall okay. We continued to walk to the room. When she came in she said something about wanting to send me over to L&D to be monitored because of my pressures. With that she seemed to think the visit was over. I had all kinds of things I wanted to talk about but she seemed more interested in getting me over there. I hopped up on the table for us to take a listen to the baby's heartbeat which she seemed to listen to for a bit longer the Becca usually does and then I mentioned having to do the GBS test. She showed me how to swab myself and sent me on my way. I have to admit that I was somewhat excited about the prospect of spending the afternoon in L&D and the idea of possibly delivering, but when I got to the L&D floor that excitement soon changed. I was brought to a room and asked to change. The gown, the monitors, the baby warmer, all small reminders of the pain I'll be in soon enough. All of a sudden I wasn't so eager to deliver this baby. My nurse was amazing though. Very talkative and friendly and she even gave me a few pointers about how to efficiently ask for my epidural when it was time. She packed up my goodies (a pee jug, a pee bowl, and a pee cup) and sent me on my way with a brown bag to carry it all in. I was to do a 24 hour urine sample and bring it to the lab Saturday morning and have my blood drawn. Although relieved to have more time to pack my bags and prepare for this baby girl I'm now even more nervous then before just wondering when the big moment will be. I'm getting more uncomfortable by the day. My hips and pelvis are hurting every time I stand. My tummy hurts to just sit upright and bending over is a joke. Spending time at the pool in the cool water feels amazing though. We spent the majority of the day there and I love it! Abby and Nathan are really getting excited now. They know she could be here any day now. Abby spend a long while laying on my side while I layed on the couch today and she just held her hand to my tummy. She loves to feel Alexa move and kick. And luckily Alexa amused her sister and let off two hard kicks for her. I can't wait to see the three of them interacting. I think it all seems a bit like a dream still when I think that I'll be the mother of three children. I think for so long I just didn't want to expect that this baby would make it here safely and be snuggled in my arms but now that the days are counting down it's slowly starting to hit everyone. For so long we've been preparing for a baby but now we're preparing for our baby. One we'll hold, and kiss, and cuddle, and love for the rest of our lives. I can't wait to see her. If I can just make it through this whole labor thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment