Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sleep deprived before the baby comes?!



I feel like a walking zombie. No matter what I do I can't seem to get enough sleep. Last night I kicked Burt out of bed (well, nicely asked him to sleep on the couch). I thought for sure I'd be able to sleep better if I had the bed to myself, but that plan didn't work either. I was still up at least 3 times to pee and another 10 times just to roll over. Rolling over? Ha! Well that's like a workout in and of itself. It takes a good 3 separate movements just to roll from one side to the other. I'm in desperate need of a nap and I know I won't get one before the kids get out of school and I think that makes me even more tired. I had my NST this morning. The nurse hooked me up to the monitors at 9:10 and I got comfy. The idea is to monitor the baby's heart rate as I keep track of her movements. Every time I felt the baby move I had to push a little button. They were also checking on contractions but I never got any word about whether or not I was having them. At first it seemed like Alexa was moving all over the place. Then she must've gotten comfy and fallen asleep because her movements trailed off. Nothing a little apple juice couldn't cure though and soon she was a hiccuping machine. They finally took me off the monitors at 10 and I headed over to the midwives. My weight is good. I'm up 10 pounds from prepregnancy and my blood pressure was good at 116/80 or so. I met with Becca again today. We talked about my itchies and she checked on the blood work that was ordered to check for cholestasis. That came back fine. We talked about how uncomfortable I've been becoming and about all of my symptoms. I told her about how I swore that I wouldn't complain if God would just allow me to be pregnant again with a healthy baby and she brought up a good point. She said that if we never got uncomfortable then we'd never want to go through the pain of delivery. I must keep that in mind. Then I told her how worried I was about not being able to get an epidural. She told me that when I call the midwives when I'm in labor to let them know that I really want an epidural and to ask if they can let the nurses know it's okay to get my IV started and to check me and to get the ball rolling as soon as I come into the hospital and that they don't have to wait for a midwife to get there. Yippee! For once I felt like I was heard. Becca even volunteered to strip my membranes at my next appointment. Unfortunately I didn't think ahead but Becca won't even be there for my next appointment. She'll be in Costa Rica and I'll be seeing Sarah. Hopefully she won't give me a hard time about doing it either. I'm starting to get really excited now. The time seems to be going a bit faster with my once a week appointments. Even though I still have so much to do before I want this baby to arrive I'm counting down the days. Oh yea and my GBS test came back negative. That means I can leave the hospital 24 hours after delivery if I'd like. I like having options. I hate feeling like I'm a prisoner there. I'll play it by ear though. It might be nice to have that extra day to recooperate and be spoiled with attention. For now I'm off to Nate's field day. I could probably fall asleep standing up at this point but I know he'll be watching for me to show up. Boy the things we sacrifice for our children!

No comments:

Post a Comment