Monday, July 19, 2010

Sleepy. Enough said.

Last night had to be one of the most exhausting nights with Alexa yet. She has been super fussy lately and I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why. The reflux is always my go to guy for any reason why she might be acting up, but this, last night, was not Mr. Reflux. She went to bed around 10:30pm after almost 2 hours of fussing. She woke up at 3am wanting to eat. I fed her her bottle and enjoyed a nice spit-up bath with every burp. After she was finished her bottle the fussing started. And just never stopped. I eventually woke Burt up and sent him downstairs for the bottle of gas drops. I gave her those and hoped for some relief. It never came. She actually got more fussy (if that was even possible) and I got up out of bed and headed downstairs. My initial thoughts were to get her out of the bedroom so Burt could fall back asleep but he followed me down. Luckily he did because my arms eventually needed a break. We walked the floor together shushing and rocking her for about an hour. Then I sent him to Pathmark for what I hoped to be "the cure". I sent him for a can of soy formula. She just seemed to be in so much pain. She had her first bottle of it this morning and so far so good. Knock on wood. She drank it with no spitting up and then laid in her cosleeper without much fussing and went peacefully back to sleep with a bit of rocking. No loud high pitch screams or scrunching up her legs in pain. It's terrible to think that the formula could've been the culprit for all of her fussy ways this whole time. My poor baby has only known a life of pain and suffering. Makes a Momma's heart break. Between the IV's, the spinal tap, the catheter, the reflux, and now this nasty mean formula making her belly hurt. I just wanted to cry for her last night. She deserves a nice peaceful sleep today. And so does Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment