Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

8 weeks pregnant
So it's been raining for 4 days straight now thanks to Hurricane or Tropical Storm Ida. It's just miserable. It's so hard to get motivated these days even when the sun is shining but in the rain, it's darn near impossible. Burt's been off for the past three days. In fact he's only worked for Bob for a total of 11 hours this week. What a huge paycheck that'll be. The good news is he's very motivated and he's gone out and even gotten work done in the rain. He's even out working in it now. Only a few more weeks until tree time. Then we won't see him for almost an entire month. It's definitely a hard month for me. Essentially I am a single mom. I make the most of it though and try to schedule lots of fun christmassy stuff to do. The kids don't usually start to miss him until the very end so it's not too bad on them.

In other news, pregnancy news, like I said above I've been feeling rather unmotivated and kinda yucky these past few days. The nausea is passing. Not gagging too often now, but I think I've learned to manage it. I only start to get nauseous when I'm really hungry. As long as I eat before I get to that point I'm alright. But I do know what I want and when I want it. Before being pregnant I always had a hard time choosing what I wanted to eat. Now it just comes to me and I NEED to have it. I'm still having a bit of an issue with brushing my teeth. Some days I just wish I didn't have to. I gag and gag until I finally feel like I'm really close to throwing up and by then luckily I'm done brushing. My pants are getting snugger by the day. My jeans are just darn right uncomfortable to wear now and the tummy sleeve I bought just rolls up my tummy. We still haven't told the kids yet but I know they suspect it. They even came in the room the other night after Burt and I were having a conversation about it and Nathan said something about me being pregnant. I assured him I was not and that he was crazy. I'd really like to wait still until after the NT scan. Then I want to surprise them with a big sister and big brother t-shirt. Time is just dragging by though. I'm sure once December rolls around it will go faster but this is killing me. I just want some more reassurance that this baby is doing well in there. It's so hard to trust your body after it's betrayed you twice. Stay healthy little one. I'm excited to see you again on the 14th. Until then xoxoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment