Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Me!

Alexa is a nut! She's started doing this screeching but not really making any noise thing. When she gets super excited she starts to screech but then goes so high pitched that noise stops coming out. She's generally such a happy baby and that makes me a happy mommy.

Yesterday was my birthday. And I must say it was one of the best birthdays I've had in awhile. Burt bought me a $200 gift card to the mall to get my nails done, buy some new clothes and maybe some new make-up. My mom got me a $50 gift card to Victoria Secrets and Frankie got me some perfume and lotions from there too. Abby and Nathan coordinated a dance routine for me and "performed" it right before bed. They're nutty too! Overall I felt very loved!

I've begun to feel overwhelmed with just how many things I have to do in one day. With two kids I never felt this way. The house was always clean, laundry was always caught up and kids were always the best dressed kids in the neighborhood. Now, not so much. I have laundry up to my eyeballs (I guess it doesn't help that Lexa is the puke monster), Nathan's hair hasn't been cut in over a month, and my to do list just keeps getting longer and longer. Once I check one thing off the list ten more appear in its place. Maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist. Maybe I'm slacking. Or maybe I've just filled my plate with too many things I want to do. Either way I need to get cracking!! Can you hear the whip sound in the background?!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!!! Happy you were appropriatly spoiled, you deserve it =) Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. I only have one and feel that way sometimes so I can only imagine. Just remember that you can only do what you can do and try to take it one day at a time. Something that helps me when I'm feeling overwhemed is to make a list, with tasks set for specific days and that way if I just get the one or two things I set out for that day I feel successful. I did hear the whip in the background ;-)

    ReplyDelete