Monday, February 21, 2011

Big day of firsts

She was too impatient to wait for Mommy to break it into smaller pieces






She loved the pear juice in her sippy cup



His car is the red white and blue one in lane 1




Nathan and his car



Little Miss had a big day of firsts today. We started the morning off with her very first pancake. I've only given her "big people food" a few times now. She's tried mashed potatoes, beef noodles, pizza crust, and frosting. She seems to do really well so I've graduated myself to letting her try other things. You'd think she was my first baby with how hesitant I am and how worried I am about choking. We tried so long and went through so much hurt to get her that things that shouldn't worry me WORRY me! I digress...I made her a mini pancake. I first tried to just set it on her high chair tray while I was getting the camera on the counter. No sooner did I turn my head that she had the whole pancake up to her mouth trying to eat it. She loved it! She even freaked out when I tried to take it away to break it into smaller pieces. The next first for her was drinking from her sippy cup without crying! I've only tried giving her a sippy with her breakfast. I was putting formula in it and trying to get her to drink her 4 oz bottle in a sippy. She has been refusing for the past two months. I even tried buying different kinds of cups to no avail. Well today I figured I'd try to put some juice in there for her to wash down her pancakes and ta-dah! It worked! I first had to take the "no spill" spout out and give her a taste but soon after she tasted it and I replaced the spout she was chugging it down. Victory is mine!! She also enjoyed a fun big girl bath today with her big sissy. Abby has been begging me to let her take a bath with Alexa for awhile now. My older two have been taking showers for the past year. I hate giving baths and I hate cleaning up the soaking wet floor after they splash a few gallons of water on it. Needless to say I was happy when they decided they'd rather shower. Alexa had a blast with Abby and I'm sure it will happen more often now. Finally our other exciting news is that we bought Alexa her big girl car seat. I have been dreading making this decision and have put it off as long as I could. Today was the last day for the trade in event at BRU and I knew I should take advantage of it. Britax? Graco? Safety 1st? I've spent hours reading reviews and still had a hard time choosing. I finally went with the Graco My Ride 65. It's an adorable pink and brown pattern much like her Graco snugride 35. I hope she's comfy and safe. We rounded out our day with Nathan's Pine Wood Derby race. His red, white, and blue car was one of the first eliminated but he had a blast building it and is already looking forward and thinking about his design for next year. That kid has such a great personality! We all enjoyed some snacks and watched the rest of the racers. All in all a very fulfilling day!

No comments:

Post a Comment