Monday, January 24, 2011

RIP Summer slim and secure monitor

Our baby monitor has been recalled. Well really only the battery was recalled but the same day I called about the battery the screen stopped working. It kept saying middle frequency and showing a fuzzy picture. Luckily Summer, without hesitation, told me they'd replace it with a new one no questions asked. All I had to do was pack it up and ship it out via UPS. I didn't think about it at the time but that left us with no baby monitor. No way to know when she awoke in the middle of the night and no way to check on her at nap time. You never know just how accustomed to using something you get until you no longer have it. To solve half of those problems I've been sleeping in bed with Alexa and probably creating more problems in the meantime. I'm so worried this is going to mess up her sleep routine. She's been on such a great schedule and I'd hate to mess that up. Fingers crossed the monitor should be here by Friday or Saturday and we can go back to the way things were.

In other news (not baby news)...I'm waiting on our income tax return to buy a new camera. A nice camera. A close to thousand dollar camera. My goal is to learn to use MOST of it's features by Alexa's 1st birthday. Can I do it?

I always feel as if I'm neglecting Abby and Nathan on this blog so a little talk about them. This morning they awoke to their alarm clock at 7:25am. As usual they went downstairs and made themselves a bowl of cereal while Alexa and I slowly arose. Little did I know they had scarfed down their breakfast so that they'd have enough time to straighten up the downstairs and surprise me with it. I always know when they're up to something when I call down and ask them if they've eaten breakfast yet and it's 8:00. They know they have to be finished eating by 7:50 or so to have enough time to get ready. So when I called down today at 8 and they said they hadn't eaten yet I knew they were up to something. I of course played along and said "Well you better hurry up and eat." I heard little giggles and I knew they were having fun. The entire living room, dining room, and kitchen were straightened up. They even came upstairs and wiped the bathroom sink and cleaned the toothpaste out of the sink. So they do listen when I complain about that! They're such great helpers and such wonderful kids. How did I ever get so lucky? I hope I'm helping them grow into awesome people.

1 comment: