Tuesday, January 18, 2011

7 month old...ALREADY?!

Every day my baby girl is growing by leaps and bounds. Some people look at her and say, "She's 7 months old already?" But for me it feels right. My days seem so rushed and chaotic and yet it feels just like she's been around for 7 months. I look back on those days spent in the NICU and think "Wow, that was so long ago!" and it was. I get goose bumps all over my body just thinking about the tears I shed in those first few months of her life. But now she's ALLLLLLL better! And changing so much.

7 month stats:

~~Still loves her Mam binkies very much! Santa brought her 2 new packs so we got rid of all the 2 month + ones and she now uses only "big girl" binks
~~She is becoming a Mommy's girl. Only Mommy can take away the tears if she gets hurt or scared.
~~If she sees Mommy in the room she grunts and whines until Mommy comes to pick her up
~~Has graduated to baths in the big tub. She can even sit up and play and splash until Mommy needs to wash her hair. Then I let a bunch of water out so she can lay on her back to finish getting washed
~~Still fits her size 2 shoes very nicely. Now has 1 silver pair, 1 black with silver lining pair, 1 shiny black pair, 1 pair of light brown boots, and 1 pair of size 3 black and pink Nikes.
~~Has one picture of the week on the June Jitterbug's facebook page for Best Halloween Costume picture and Best 1st picture taken of the new year.
~~Rolls over from back to belly with ease and all the time.
~~Can roll from belly to back but I've never seen it with my own eyes. I've only realized it when I notice she's not on her tummy anymore in the crib
~~Sleeps on her tummy EVERY night ALL night. I put her in her crib sleepy and she immediately rolls onto her tummy
~~When falling sleep in bed with Mommy, if I tuck her face into my chest she cuddles right up and falls asleep
~~She sits like a pro
~~Will sit and play with her toys for all of five minutes
~~She laughs and smiles at her toys now.
~~She loves when Mommy sings songs to her. Some of her favorites right now are "The wheels on the bus", "How much is that doggie?" "The ants go marching"
~~She laughs just because Abby laughs
~~I have moved the exersaucer up to the 3rd and final height adjustment but she's still on the lowest adjustment on the jumperoo
~~Her feet finally touch the floor with nothing underneath of her in the jumperoo
~~She goes to bed around 8:30pm and sleeps until 7:30am unless disturbed.
~~She is a very light sleeper. Even the slightest creek of her door wakes her up.
~~She wakes up happy.
~~Is wearing size 3 diapers with lots of room to grow.
~~Still using Pampers
~~Some mornings she has peed so much that the front of her diaper has leaked and wet her onesie
~~Still on soy formula
~~Eats rice cereal and 1 four ounce jar of fruits for breakfast. She tops that off with a four ounce bottle.
~~She eats a total of 25 ounces of formula a day.
~~She has 1 four ounce jar of veggies for dinner around 7:30pm.
~~She can now eat Gerber puffs, Mum Mums, and Yogurt melts
~~She hates green beans, peas, and Gerber carrots. Beechnut carrots she'll eat.
~~Table foods that she has tasted are mashed potatoes, bananas, and icing.
~~Her hair seems to be darkening.
~~Her eyes are still blue
~~She now wears Gerber onesies size 12 months and they're getting snug. But Carters size 6 month onesies still fit. Go figure!
~~All of the clothes I'm buying now are size 12 months.
~~She fits best in size 12 month fleece sleepers from Carters and Children's place
~~Gets a red chin from drooling so much but still has no teeth
~~Makes all kinds of sounds with a binky or other toy in her mouth but when there's nothing in her mouth she's rather quiet.
~~Everytime I complain or worry about her not doing something she does it.
~~I worried about her not saying "Dah Dah" and she did it the next day. She has since stopped saying it.
~~She touches everyones face and loves to play with your hair
~~She can pull her knees up under her body but doesn't crawl.
~~She started mimicking me when I stick out my tongue.

1 comment:

  1. You've inspired me to post what Carter can do on February 1st when he will be 8 months old!

    ReplyDelete