Friday, October 1, 2010

15 weeks already!


I really don't feel like posting here right now but I figured a quick check in would be good. As I type Alexa is asleep in her crib. I'm starting to focus on getting her into a good bed time routine. I read in a baby magazine yesterday that by 4 months babies need to start on some sort of routine because the way they go to sleep now will be the way they need to go to sleep every night. I cringe at the thought of having to rock her to sleep every night for the next year because I grew her acustom to falling asleep in the swing. She went through a bit of a fussy period tonight and then I finally got her calm and almost asleep. I decided that would be a good time to lay her in the crib to drift off to sleep on her own. Oh yea and she's NOT swaddled. First time actually. I think I may leave her unswaddled tonight and see how it goes. She's still not sleeping through the night which is quite frustrating sometimes, but all I have to do to get her to fall back asleep is to give her a bottle. It could be worse. Tonight I tried feeding her carrots for the first time. She had four days in a row of applesauce and now we're moving on to a veggie! She seemed to like it, but it was a little hard to tell because she was just overall cranky at the time. I only got a few bites in before she called it quits with a crying fest. Tomorrow will be night two and we'll see if she gives off happier vibes. Today Alexa got lots of compliments at Abby and Nate's school. Who am I kidding? She gets lots of compliments everywhere she goes. But today she looked especially cute and everyone noticed. She wore her orange and black batty for Daddy onesie and a pair of black flare pants. She also wore an orange headband with the batty for daddy bow I made for her. A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! I need to schedule a photo shoot at JcPenny's really soon. I feel like she's growing so fast that I just can't keep up with it. She seems to be stirring now in her crib. I wonder if she's getting hungry. She seems to be trying to eat like every 2-3 hours. And eating 6 ozs at that! The little piglet! Today I actually gave her 3 ozs of water just to hold her over. She's insatiable! Another thing to talk to the doctor about. I'm excited to see her in the morning. She's always so pleasant. As for the older two. I'm excited to have a good weekend with them. It's supposed to be beautiful this weekend. Sunny and cool, just how I like it. I'd love to take a trip to Linvilla Orchards. We'll see if money will allow. We have lots of fall traditions at Linvilla Orchards. One of the things that I really hope to pass onto my children is a sense of how important family traditions are. I've worked really hard at making some wonderful traditions for our family. Some of my favorites are trips to Linvilla Orchards, decorating the kitchen/dining room the night before their birthday so they can wake up to the room being decorated, a trip to Rita's Water ice on the first day of school, Sprinkling reindeer food and glitter on the lawn for Santa's reindeer on X-mas Eve and many more. I'd love to be eighty years old watching my great grandchildren following these same traditions. Could I be so lucky? I love being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment