Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Keep the updating ball rolling

Nothing new or exciting has happened since I last wrote. I'm realizing though that some time down the line these "boring. everyday, blah" posts will be the ones that spark the happy feelings that I have everyday. I've been taking some of my free time to read other mommy blogs. Particularly other mommies from my june jitterbugs board. I love reading about what their JB is doing and checking out all their latest pictures. And sometimes I even take a few spare minutes and flip back a few pages in my blog to reminisce about the things of the past.

Today I had Alexa's 4 month pictures taken. I say that as if I've had 1 month, 2 month, or even 3 month photos taken, which is definitely not the case. I feel sort of terrible about having only had them taken at six weeks. And I feel even more terrible that they're still sitting in the JcPenny's envelope that they came in. I digress. The pictures were scheduled for 11:20am. I went out shopping all day yesterday looking for the perfect outfits. I even bought her first pair of shoes from Babies R Us. I spent at least two hours making bows to match her outfits and sewing fuchsia bows onto her Halloween costume. All of this done in vain. When I got to the portrait studio I had to wait for the woman in from of me to finish up her session. When her session finally ended the photographer came up to me trying to get some info about the kind of pictures I wanted taken. I told her I was trying to keep up with her milestone photos but was a month behind and that i also wanted to do some Halloween photos. I started to tell her I had a couple of outfits to change her into. Sh smirked and said she was only allowed three changes. Whatever! Alexa had other plans anyways as she only let me have enough happy time to take pictures in the one outfit and then she attempted to let us take pictures of her in her bear costume drinking her bottle. Boooo Alexa! What she did allow me to do plenty of times was change her poopy diaper. We all laughed at her as she'd squeeze her little arms tightly against her body and pull her legs together as she pushed. I changed her after I thought she was done the first time. But again she had other plans. Another interruption for another poopy diaper. I finally left there with one amazing close up shot and a few other really good ones. Not what I'd call a success but she.'s so stinkin adorable that I couldn't possibly call it a failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment