Tuesday, October 19, 2010

She rolled over!

I have to admit I've been a bit of a worry wart when it comes to what Alexa should and shouldn't be able to do by four months. I worried when she wasn't smiling at 6 weeks and then she smiled the day she was admitted to CHOP with pertusis. I worried she wasn't reaching for toys and then she reached. Well up until a few days ago i worried that she wasn't rolling over. I was playing with her on the floor and rolling her back and forth for quite a few days trying to "teach" her to roll over. She could get herself onto her side but wasn't even interested in trying to roll. Then on Friday the 15th we were over my mom's house. Alexa was laying on the floor on a big Flyers blanket. I saw her roll to her side so I kept watching. And then she arched her back and head. It was then that I realized she was going to do it. My big girl! I called for my mom to come quickly if she wanted to see Alexa roll for the first time. And ta-dah! She did it! She struggled for a minute to get her arm out from underneath her to support her chest as she laid on her tummy. But then she was happy as could be. I rolled her back over onto her back and she did it again. I think I worry so much because on my board there are always posts about which baby is doing what and I compare. I know I shouldn't but it's hard not to. Alexa was born in the middle of the month and so there are babies that are at least 2 weeks older then her on there. How do you compare a 4 month old to a 4.5 or 5 month old. You can't. They learn so much everyday that in two weeks she could be sitting up. Who knows! So lessen learned. No more comparing.

No comments:

Post a Comment