Friday, January 29, 2010

Could we just forget about it?

Today was my appointment with the midwives. They have me calculated at 19 weeks 2 days, but I figure I'm 18 weeks 6 days. Sounds good though, I gained 3 days! On to other more exciting things, NOT! My blood pressure was up a bit at 118/88. My weight was up by 5 pounds. And we had a bit of a hard time finding and hearing the baby's heartbeat. At first Becca found what I thought was it, but then she told us it was only the blood through the umbilical cord. Then she found it (so she says) and it seemed quiet and we only heard it for a total of 2 seconds before baby moved away. She was satisfied with that but I was not. We insisted she try again and she found it again but only for another second. I know it's there. There's definitely a beating heart I was just hoping baby would want to calm mommy down for a bit and let me listen to it. We talked some more about my down syndrome risk. She didn't seem as reassured that everything was fine but I think that's only because she was relating to me. She knows how nerve wracking this is for me. Again she offered to let me come in as often as I need. We finished up with instructions to call and make an appointment for the colposcopy and then...the big kicker...she started to announce my weight with Burt in the room. Wahhhh!! Why would she think that was okay?! I'm still a bit mad at her for that. So, off to sulk. Well, I shouldn't say that. I'm happy our baby is doing good. Active! But good.

No comments:

Post a Comment