Friday, January 8, 2010

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Another bout of waiting. Like I've said before, having a baby is so full of waiting. I've got 24 more sleeps to go until we can know for sure that we have a healthy baby. Oh yea and only 24 more sleeps to go until we know pink or blue!! I am so anxious right now. First and most importantly I want to know this baby is healthy. I want to be sue he/she doesn't have downs and that they are growing right on schedule. I got my readjusted risk for downs back the other day. My risk has slightly decreased to 1:265. The nurse tried to reassure me with things that I had already heard. I myself thought of it in better terms and it seems to ease my mind a bit. I think I graduated in 2000 with a class of approximately 240 girls. My risk of having a baby with down syndrome is as if I was the one girl out of all of them girls to have a baby born with it. I remember the class picture we had taken and my face was just a speck in the crowd. If my chances are so slim I should try to stop worrying. I just know too much now to ever stop worrying. Knowledge is power, but for me it is also fear. I haven't decided what I think this little one is yet. I keep having dreams about dressing a little girl and playing with a little girl, but is that only my subconscious telling me just how fun it would be to have a little girl? My logical brain tells me that it must be a boy. My last pregnancy was 2 girls so this for sure has to be a boy right?! Either way I just want to walk out of that ultrasound being able to celebrate my pregnancy. For the first time in months I may be able to breathe a little easier. For now I'm still analyzing whether or not I'm feeling the baby kicking. I thought I felt it a week or so ago but today I was a bit more sure. I can't wait until the day comes when I really just know. Today Nathan asked me if the baby could hear him talking. I explained to him that the baby could not hear him talking just yet but that as soon as he or she could they were welcome to talk to my belly as much as they'd like. I explained that the more often the baby hears their voice while it's in my tummy, the more likely the baby will recognize them when it comes out. Very exciting to think about. I'm so excited to share this pregnancy with them. I can't wait until they can feel it's kicks. I can't wait to let them shine flashlight on my belly and try to wake the baby. They already know so much about pregnancy. It's quite funny actually. They're trying so hard to wrap their little minds around it all. I love being a mommy. My computer has been acting up a bit. I think Matt is going to reinstall windows on it to get it back up to par. I can't wait. Now is when I need this computer most to help me pass the time. What else can I occupy myself with for 24 days? I'm considering taking up crochetting. I'm pretty sure Mattie can teach me. I should give her a call. Now I'm off to take a shower. I have to go into Nathan's class today to check in the learning totes. Fun! Fun! I' hoping the weekend passes quickly. Tomorrow we're supposed to be going to the zoo for a kind of behind the scenes tour but it seems the temperature has other plans for us. The high tomorrow is only forcasted to be 29 degrees. Burr!! To cold for outdoors. And then Sunday we have a party to go to at our all time favorite place...Oasis. Well, off to the shower for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment