Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The first big purchase is...



Today I am 17 weeks and 3 days. Taking it one day at a time although I am quietly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Just waiting for the bad news. I just feel like this really can't be happening to me. Not bad luck Jessie. She couldn't possibly be having a baby in June. Well anyways, worries aside, today we made our first pricey purchase for this new little one. I had a 20% off coupon for Babies R Us and figured we shouldn't let it go to waste. 20% doesn't sound like much when we're talking a twenty dollar purchase but when you start to consider a two hundred dollar purchase that rings in big bucks! Chi-ching! I had been eyeing up a crib and changing table that were part of a fantastic deal. Buy the crib and get the changing table free. After tearing apart the crib and reassembling it I decided that I didn't like the way the bumpers tied on or the way the bumper slouched over in the crib. Just wasn't the "Oh I love it!" that I was looking for. I have now decided to stick with the original crib that I had picked out. But I definitely couldn't pass up the wonderful deal I got on the changing table. Between the 20% off coupon and my friend Lauren's 10% employee discount, we saved $48 and only paid $152. Wow! Wee! I'm so excited to move, paint the baby's room and get it decorated. Why does time seem to be moving so slowly? Only 13 more sleeps to go until we get to see our beautiful healthy baby again. A little positive thinking for ya, eh?! Please God we all just want a healthy baby. Today when the conversation came up again about what sex everyone wanted the baby to be, Burt said a boy (you know how men are), my mom said a girl, and Abby originally said a girl too. But shortly thereafter she took it back and said, "I don't care what it is as long as it's healthy." From your lips to God's ears baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment