Friday, February 3, 2012

Trip to L&D but not in labor

On the 30th I turned 37 weeks pregnant. We "celebrated" with a midwives appointment. I'm going once a week now. My bp was excellent and I had lost a 1/2 lb. We did a quick check of his heartbeat and Becca wasn't happy. This was the 2nd week in a row that it was beating very fast. She wrapped up the appointment very quickly and sent us to L&D. Luckily Amanda had a midwives appointment at the same time so she was with us. We left Alexa with her in the waiting room and headed back. They hooked me up to the monitor and right away the nurse could tell his heartbeat sounded normal. They gave me a cup of apple juice and some peanut butter crackers and told me to push the handheld button everytime I felt some movement. After about an hour of monitoring we were sent home with a clean bill of health. Fast forward 1 day to my birthday and I was battling a headcold. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment