Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hospital Stay





It always seems that when I'm in the hospital after my deliveries I'm so antsy to get home. After delivering Abby I couldn't wait to get her home to see if I could take care of her without the nurses help. After Nathan's I was excited to get home because I missed Abby so much and I couldn't wait to see my two babies interacting together. After Lexa's I just couldn't wait to be done with all of the blood pressure checks. I couldn't wait to enjoy the beautiful weather with all three kids. This time I was so lonely. With it being cold and flu season the kids weren't allowed onto the postpartum floor. They were allowed to visit with me in the waiting room and could look at the baby thru the nursery window, but there's nothing like that 1st visit after having a baby and thru the glass window wasn't how I imagined it. The visiting rules also meant that in order for Burt to come visit me and Jackson that he had to find a sitter for all three kids. Unfortunately Alexa has become Miss Anti-Social and she cries anytime someone unfamiliar even tries to talk to her. That really narrows down our choice of sitters to just my sister Amanda...not the ideal canidate.

On Monday afternoon Burt brought the kids up for the official meet and greet. They gave me some lovings and immediately asked to see the baby. The big kids were super excited. Abby said, "Awww, look how small he is." Maybe compared to Alexa but compared to the other babies in the nursery he was a beast. Alexa just kept repeating "Baby. Baby. Baby."

On Monday night Burt and the kids went to the pinewood derby. I had spent the whole day cuddling with my pork chop, but I was in serious need of some adult interaction. Luckily Cindy showed up and entertained me for a couple of hours. She also came bearing gifts which was even more exciting! She made me an amazing diaper wreath with an embroidered burp cloth to hang on my hospital door. She brought an embroidered blanket and a Dr. Seuss embroidered burp cloth. Oh yea and super cute balloons to brighten up the room. I must have had over 30 nurses, doctors, cleaning people and lab techs stop in my room to compliment me on the door wreath. She lived up to every meaning of the word best friend.

On Tuesday Burt had Amanda sit at the house while Alexa napped and he brought me up Chinese food. He actually walked in only minutes before Cindy. All three of us sat and reminisced about my labor and delivery.

On Wednesday we were discharged. Home sweet home. Alexa was so excited when I unstrapped Jackson from his car seat. She ran around the house giggling and making silly sounds. She'd come over to me and the baby for a second and say "Mine?". I couldn't have been happier with her immediate acceptance of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment