Friday, January 6, 2012

Playing catch up....again.

I don't know if I'll ever be good with keeping things up to date here. There are many times that I want to sit down and update but then I remember how much catching up I have to do first and I put it off again. I guess it doesn't help that December is THE busiest month of the year around here.


PREGNANCY UPDATES!!

On December 6th I woke up and got ready for my 29 week appointment and glucose test with the midwives. I was feeling very proud of myself as I chugged down the nasty orange drink with plenty of time to spare. I hate being late to appointments (but usually am). Alexa and I pulled up with 5 minutes to spare. Go me! As I walked up to the door I noticed the lights were out. Had I written down my appointment time wrong? Did I miss a call from them trying to reschedule me for a different day? No. Turns out being pregnant has just turned my brain to mush. This was a Tuesday. The midwives don't open until noon. Here I was reading the sign on the door at 10:50am. Ugh!! I checked my phone calendar again. Sure enough my appointment was scheduled for Wednesday December 7th! This normally wouldn't have been a problem had I not just downed the entire yucky bottle of sugar...the one I was supposed to drink on Wednesday morning! I called the midwives and they just suggested I come in a bit early tomorrow for my appointment and drink another bottle. Ok. Sounds fair.

Wednesday December 7th I woke up and got the kids ready for school. As I walked by the dining room table I saw 3 peppermint patties sitting on the table. Not the best breakfast but it would definitely hold me over until I got back from the school. Mmmmmm. Minty. No sooner did I swallow that I remembered today was my glucose test and I was to have nothing to eat after midnight. Ugh x 2! When I got home I canceled and rescheduled the appointment for December 13th at 6pm.

Tuesday night at 6pm I finally had my glucose test. No drama. No forgetting. And I passed with an 82. That night I also scheduled the rest of my ob appointments. Starting at 30 weeks they like appointments every 2 weeks. Am I really that far along?

December 30th- 32 week appointment
BP-Good
Weight-Stayed the same
Instructed to schedule a growth scan with perinatology
I was in and out in no more then 10 minutes. I can't wait for my appointments with Becka again. She's amazing and I miss chatting with her!

January 5th- Growth Scan and other drama
5am I wake up on the couch. I must've fallen asleep watching Tori & Dean. I sat up and rubbed my eyes for awhile trying to wake up a bit. Suddenly I noticed that my pants were wet. Had I peed myself? Had I broken my water? I frantically felt around on the couch and blankets to see if they were wet. Dry as a bone. Then I headed upstairs to wake up Burt. Surprisingly he woke up very quickly. He told me to smell my pants to see if it smelled like pee. I know! Yuck! But at least if I knew I had peed myself I could stop my heart from pounding out of my chest. It didn't smell like pee. Uh oh! I put in a call to the midwives. It took a bit of phone tag but I finally heard back from Misty. She instructed me to put a pad on and call back in an hour to let her know whether or not it was wet. I did and tried to lay in bed to catch a few more zzz's. Finally about 10 minutes before my alarm was set to wake up, check and call them back I felt myself drifting off. I did a quick check and I was dry. Thank God!!!

10:45-growth scan
Pretty short and sweet. Little man is getting quite big now. They estimated him to be 6lbs 4 oz. I find that to be nuts and so do the midwives. They calmed my fears a bit when they told me that ultrasounds at this gestational age can be up to 1 lb off. The tech took her measurements and checked my fluid level and then explored a bit. We got to see his little ear and even a bunch of hair on the back of his head. It was amazing. He is now head down with his arms and legs facing the right side of my body. His face was turned toward my back so we didn't get any looks at his face and his legs were closed pretty tight so we couldn't get another look at his package. It's always so comforting to watch his little heart beating on the screen. I'm getting so excited now to see him. Now that it's January I can say next month we'll have a newborn! Only 6 weeks and 3 days until my due date. Insane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment