Sunday, December 4, 2011

Jackson McCabe???

Tomorrow I will officially be 29 weeks along. It's hard to imagine that in 11 weeks or less we will have a new little one around here. I feel like it still hasn't hit me. I mean I'm going thru the motions...picking out a new car seat, researching baby books, planning the layout of the new nursery, but I still can't actually believe that I'm going to be cuddling a newborn again very shortly. I've been struggling a lot lately with what to name this munchkin. All of the other kids had names very early on and we never struggled as much as we are with this one. A couple weeks ago I posted on facebook asking for name suggestions. I got a pretty overwhelming list of names. Some crazy and completely not our taste and others that hit the "Hmmmmm I might like that" button. This sparked a pretty in depth talk with Burt over what this little guy's name should be. Up until that point we would just randomly throw a name out there and one of us would either say "Yea, that sounds ok" or "Noooooooooo". We briefly tried out Shane. I tried referring to him by name for almost a week but by the end of the week I just couldn't picture us having a Shane so it was tossed. After the talk we both had a pretty decent sized name list.

MY LIST
Jacob
Joseph
Kyle
Joshua
Logan
Colton
Colin
Jackson
Landon
Ryan
Owen
Noah
Domenick
Shane

BURT'S LIST
Jayden
Logan
Noah
Carter
Colin
Jackson
Nolan
Mason
Evan
Owen
Joel
Kyle
Joseph

For now the winner is Jackson. We both really like that name and all the nicknames that go along with it. Jack, Jax, and if we go with a J name like Joseph as a middle name we could also call him JJ. We're going to stick with it for awhile and see if it really sticks. We both feel like it's really growing on us. Abby and Nathan aren't really big fans of it. Luckily for us they don't have to be in "love" with it like Burt and I do. They'll have their chance at the name game one day when I'm ready to be a grandmom. For now we go with Jackson Joseph McCabe.

2 comments:

  1. I love the name Jackson!! That is my top baby boy name =) I think his full name sounds really good together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now seeing this! Thank you so much! We agonized over boy's names (girl's names were super easy). Jackson and Jace sounds amazing together!!

    ReplyDelete