Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baby's 1st halloween has come and gone

So here first major holiday has come and gone. I didn't feel the least bit sad about it until I came here to post. Perhaps it's because I still entertain the idea of having another baby but what if she is my last? She has grown so much and so quickly in these past 4.5 months. I feel like it's been a lifetime.

Halloween night was fantastic! We had our traditional english muffin pizza dinner. I dressed the kids and put on their make-up. As usual we were running a bit late so everything was very rush rush. I attempted to take a few cute pictures of Alexa and then of all three kids together outside and then we were off. Every year we go trick or treating with my friend Linda in Ridley Park. There are always a lot of houses giving out candy and there a very few steps. That makes this one happy momma as that is very stroller friendly! The kids were excited even though I know they were a bit chilly. Alexa snoozed for much of the way. But when she wasn't snoozing she was in mommy's arms looking all cute and cuddly.

Let's see...in other Alexa news...She has been trying to sit up while she's in her bouncy seat. She hasn't quite made it to a fully sitting position but boy is she trying. Yesterday's tripped to Babies R Us gave us a tray for the bumbo seat and another pack of bottles. We are now using Playtex VentAire Bottles. They seem to be doing the trick for now. We have been through just about every brand of bottles out there which seems ironic to me as when I was pregnant I would always say I don't know why people have to buy so many different bottles. The baby can't make you use a certain kind of bottle. Man oh man was I wrong! We started off trying Gerber Nuk bottles. Alexa didn't seem to know how to use them and it would take like a half hour to eat one ounce. Then we moved onto the Playtex Bag bottles which seemed to work well until she was put in the NICU. There she used the good old fashioned brown rubber nipple and did well. I refused to continue using those though. The NICU nurses suggested we try Dr. Browns bottles as they were supposed to work well for reflux and gas. We splurged on them and used them for a couple of months. Although a pain in the but to clean they really seemed to be helping. That is until I noticed she was throwing up at every feeding. I tried many different things and in the end switched bottle brands again and that seemed to work. Even though I know we were cleaning them the best that we could I still think there are too many ways and places for bacteria to build up in them. Again we went back to the Gerber Nuk bottles. This time she seemed to like them. Until I noticed that after drinking from them she would grunt and grunt and grunt. I started to think they were causing her too much gas and again we switched. And so here we are buying another 3 pack of VentAires. Fingers crossed we have found the match. We've even made the switch back to soy formula and she seems to be doing great. Way less spitting up, no more diarrhea and a much happier content baby. Thank you Good Start Soy!

No comments:

Post a Comment