Monday, November 15, 2010

The days just seem to get away from me

Well the countdown to Christmas tree time is here. This weekend coming up is Burt's last weekend with the family. I can't say I'll miss him as I think we need some time apart. We're at each others throats. I'm trying my hardest to get the house organized before he's gone for that month. I'd like to get the basement organized and all the totes labeled. I really need to catch up on laundry and stay caught up. And start getting my pictures (developed and undevelopes) taken care of. I was saying the other day that I'd really like to get back to scrapbooking. I miss having that creative outlet although I barely have time for my hairbow business. I'm still spreading my business everywhere I go. Today at Pathmark the cashier complimented Alexa's flower and headband. I of course told her I make them and gave her the name of my facebook page. I figure even if I'm not selling things everyday I can still put my name in the streets. I've been baby-sitting Chase a lot lately. I love the money but hate the extra work. Somedays I feel like I'm just being torn in all directions. Is this what it would be like to have four kids? I'm not sure I'm ready to sign up for that deal yet!
In other kidlet news...Abby is doing great. She came home from school the other day telling me "Mom, Ms. Seitz really likes me. She calls me Abby Cakes." She's the teacher's pet as usual and I'm proud. She loves school and I hope that stays with her. She's doing great in Girl Scouts. She had her introduction to Brownies ceremony last week. She got her very first Brownie pin. And she just looks so cute in her brown sash. Nathan is having a hard time at school with this little girl names Kylie. She's picking on him and I don't know why. He really is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. And perhaps that's why she's picking on him. She's mistakening his niceness for weakness. How dare she! Boy scouts is going well too. This past Saturday morning he and I walked door to door in Aldan handing out the can food drive bags. I enjoyed my time with him one on one. Alexa is growing by the day. We went out this weekend and bought her a new high chair and a new toy. I put it together on Sunday morning and she had her first meal in it Sunday night (pears). I've sat her in it a few times while I was doing kitchen work and she just plays and plays. Mommy likes it! Today is mine and Burt's 8 year anniversary. Woo-hoo! Sometimes I wonder how long I'll stick around but for today it's been 8 years!!! Tomorrow Alexa will be 5 months old. She's getting cuter by the day and I don't think I could love her more then I already do. Her smiles melt my heart. Everyday I look at her I'm reminded of one great thing about Burt. We make adorable babies together. Oh yea and he's a wonderful father to Alexa. The other two...well...he needs some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment