Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dare I say?! She's becoming normal.

I have to make this quick. You just never know when she'll start crying. Right now she's relaxing peacefully in her glider right next to me at the computer. Every once and awhile I glance over and she'll be cat napping and then five minutes later I'll glance over again and there she'll be looking all beaty eyed at me. She's so adorable. Now I know I'm partial but man do we make cute kids! She does the funniest thing with her eyes. She'll be looking around and close her eyes for a long couple of seconds and then open then looking up or to the side. Looking very flirty if you ask me. She's smiling more now which is nice for me. Finally some recognition for all of my hard work! She's still coughing. Boo! But it's getting much better. I'm actually allowing her to cough by herself in the swing while I continue to sit on the cough just monitoring her. I used to jump up and run to her with every cough. I even have the kids trained to yell for me when she starts. I'll be in the kitchen washing dishes and Nathan will yell "Mom, babies coughing!!!" and a running I would come. I'm becoming a bit more laid back now that he coughing spells aren't lasting as long and aren't as mucousy. I've even brought her upstairs in the heat to just hang out. Before I would have to run the AC until the room was cool before I'd even think about bringing her up. She seems to be tolerating it quite well. We're even going to venture out to the pool tonight for a late night swim. All things that normal 2 month old babies could do. In other news, she seems to be chunking up again. Today she had a weight check and she went from 9lbs 13 oz to 10lbs 6 oz. Big bay-bay! I'm excited to have a "normal" baby for once. Normal all except this dang diaper rash that I've been fighting for two weeks now. It's so raw and sore and I feel so badly for her. I told her doctor today that I just want a normal baby, one whom I can use wipes on. The rash has gotten so bad that I've been using a bulb syringe to squirt water on her bottom every time I change her. Well, I just got the call. Daddy is on his way home. I'm going to go pop the chicken in the oven for dinner so it can be done in time for us to go to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment