Saturday, March 27, 2010

27 weeks

Lil Lexi's carseat

My baby girl is growing and growing. Today I read somewhere that she's likely 15 inches in length and a little more then 2 pounds. This week she should be opening her eyes. I'm starting to get really excited about this 4D ultrasound. The worry is still there. I'm so scared of getting a call from the midwives the following day telling me of some crazy anatomical problem. I couldn't live through it again. Please God let us enjoy this experience. It's supposed to be a fun and exciting one. As of now my mom and my grandmom will be coming with us. We'll see though when Friday actually comes. It's still so weird to be at this place in pregnancy. Next week I'll be into the 3rd trimester. I still remember getting that first positive pregnancy test and trying my hardest to keep it secret. It seems like so long ago. I mean we're talking October here. Wow! Just these last 8 weeks (since the anatomy scan) have seemed to drag on. I've been doing lots of shopping and our little Alexa will be very stylish her first few months of life. Im still waiting on her stroller to be delivered, but it should be anyday. I got the chance to change my order to the red stroller that I originally wanted and I'm hoping that I made a good choice.


It's been a few stressful days with Burt. There's been lots of tit for tat and the tension has been wearing on us all. After a big blow up I'm hoping that things will be peaceful for awhile. I hate being stressed out with our baby inside of me, depending on me. I'm sure she's fine as she's been kicking up a storm all day. She seems to be most active during the day. Let's hope it stays that way. Big sister Abby spent a little time today with her hand on my belly waiting to feel little sister move today. Sure enough Lexi let out one hard kick and then another. I try to share any information about the baby with them every week when I read my baby books. Today I showed Nathan just how long she is with a tape measure. He got a real kick out of it.


I guess a mini countdown to the 4D ultrasound is in order. Afterall I did countdown to every other u/s. 6 days to go. I can't wait to see her little face. I'm hoping to see some parts of me but more then likely she'll come out a spitting image of her Daddy. The McCabe genes are just to hard to fight. Until then Miss Alexa! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment