Saturday, August 4, 2012

The chaos continues

I sat down two days ago to make a to do list. I filled up two notebook pages front and back. It seems the list never gets smaller. I cross something off and add two more. I used to pride myself on being organized but I'm learning that life with four kids is anything but organized and little by little I'm becoming ok with that.

Summer vacation is coming to an end. It's time to hit those summer reading books hard and complete those math packets. The big kids haven't been asleep before 11pm in almost two months. I don't fight them too much about it because they always sleep until 10am or later. These next few weeks will be filled with finishing up some things from our summer bucket list and just enjoying our time together. They're growing up too fast and I have to make the most of these days we have together during the summer.

Alexa is doing amazingly well with her potty training. I bit the bullet and invested in some pull ups for potty training on the go. I also bought a travel potty and I try to remember to frequently ask her if she has to use it when we're out and about. She is pretty good at asking to use it herself. She is still wearing pull ups/diapers during nap an bedtime. I just don't think she's capable of conquering that one yet. When she wakes from her naps she let's me know her "panties" are wet and then says "nap" and tilts her head to one side as she tries to explain that her panties are wet because she was sleeping. God I love that kid! I've been enjoying her so much these days. She is quite the comedian and keeps us all smiling. She has just started saying "lo-ouh" for love you. And it melts my heart every time. She has also been saying "sar-ey" for sorry. Too stinkin cute!

As for my Jackson boy...he's been giving me a run for my money. This past week has been awful. He's been drooling up a storm and just ALWAYS unhappy. Sometimes I wonder if he'll ever smile again. He wants nothing to do with his walker, his play mat, his bumbo or anything other then my arms. He even bumped it up to an extra annoying level when he decided that he not only wanted to be in my arms but wanted to be walking around. He does know I have three other kids and a house to run right?! On July 31st I put my finger in his mouth to feel his gums and sure enough I felt a sharp edge of his first tooth coming in. It's hard to believe that the pictures I'm taking these days could be the last images of his toothless smile. Yesterday I received a nice present in the mail for him. My friend Kristen had sent me her extra amber teething necklace for him. I immediately put it on him and today I feel was a bit better. He didn't need to be held all day and actually cracked a few smiles. I'm not fully convinced that it's a miraculous recovery but every bit of improvement is success in my eyes.

I finally treated myself to something I've been wanting for awhile. I went out two weeks ago and bought myself a new camera. It's a Canon Rebel T3i and it's the new love of my life! I bought two great books on photography and have been reading every night. I'm excited to really learn to use this thing! I regret not getting a better camera when Alexa was born but am so thrilled to have been able to get one now.

So my eyelids are getting heavy and my thumbs are getting sore from typing on my phone. I think it's time to turn off the light and get some shut eye. Jackson will be awake for his morning bottle in ummmmmm 4 hours. Thankfully he'll go right back to sleep afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment