Friday, August 31, 2012

26 months



My baby girl is acting more and more like a big girl these days. Most recently she has started putting two words together and it makes her seem so much older. Every once in awhile Abby catches Alexa in a copycat mode and she can get her to copy just about everything she says. The latest has been Abby trying to teach Alexa to answer someone who calls her name with "What Mommy?" It cracks me up every time.

Abby: "Alexa?"
Alexa: ".........."
Abby: "What are you supposed to say?"
Alexa: "Whutt Sitsy?"

Abby: "When Mommy calls you what do you say?"
Alexa: "Whutt Momma?"

My girls.

Some of the other things that melt my heart with all of the cuteness...

     -Every morning she follows me into the bathroom. I get my contact case and solution out and put it  on the counter. She says "Tontacts?" And I say yes and she puts her finger on the top of my contact solution and then puts her finger to her closed eye and pushes her finger into her eyelid. I standby and laugh...that is of course after I put my contacts in and can actually see her!

     -If I threaten her with time out she immediately stops doing what she's doing and says "Saw-eee" aka sorry.

     -She loves blowing bubbles in her milk with her straw bowl

     -The first word out of her mouth every morning is "Baby?". Then we go into my room to see baby sleeping in the cosleeper.

     -Anytime someone gets her or if she does something wrong to them she says "Ki?" aka kiss and kisses their boo boo or just kisses them to make them happy again. Recently when she has had an accident and wets her panties she comes up to me and says "Saw-eee" and kisses me.

     -She loves to play doctor with her doctor kit. She brings me the doctor coat and says "Doc-terw PEP-perw" Once when we were in the grocery store I was going over our shopping list. One of the things on the list was a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper. She immediately repeated after me. Since then when she wants to play doctor she says Doctor Pepper.

     -Every time we go to the Marple 10 shopping center she sees Petco and screams "Feesh" because she wants to go see them.

     -She has started saying "lah-ouu" for love you

     -She is obsessed with her PipSqueek Markers. She loves to draw on her "pay-pah". She has filled an entire marble copybook in one week!

     -She has taken a real liken to her kitchen set and shopping cart this month. She cooks food and brings it to us to eat. I love watching her imaginative play!

Some other Lexa facts:

-I'm buying her size 3T clothes for fall
-She wears a size 5 diaper at bedtime and naptime and a size 2T/3T pull up when we go out in public
-No longer sits in the high chair. She uses the booster seat that Mom Mom bought her for her birthday.
-Loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Mou), Yo Gabba Gabba (Dabby), and Sesame Street (Melmo)
-Steals Jackson's mimi's every chance she gets
- Is putting two words together "What Momma?", "Hi Baby", "Baby Cat"
-Can drink using a regular cup
-Weighs 30lbs
-Naps for 2-3 hrs everyday
-Had her first visit to the aquarium
-Says "huh?" after everything I say and it drives me BONKERS!


 This is the face she makes when she's pretending to nap
 
 Her first haircut....Mommy's Hair Cuttery
 
 My little gymnast! She loves doing tumbles and cheer pyramids
 We spent the day at the park with friends and she's finally beginning to play with her friends instead of just alongside her friends.
This little daredevil kept going down this slide head first even though she slid so fast that every time she fell onto the ground!
 
 
I find myself laughing at this little girl all day. She is just generally a very pleasant and happy little girl. Everyone loves spending time with her! Sometimes I still can't believe she's two already because I'm still waiting for the terrible two's to kick in. She's a real keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment