Tuesday, March 27, 2012

5 weeks








Monday has come and gone and you're another week older. These posts seem to come quicker and quicker every week. I've decided that after six weeks I'll be writing them every two weeks instead of every week. It just seems as if things aren't changing quite as quickly as they did in those first couple of weeks.
Feeding: You're still eating 4oz every 4 hours but more often then not you are getting hungry after 3 hours. I've tried bumping up a few bottles to 5oz but you never seem to drink that much. I'm hoping you hold off on the 5oz bottles until Easter day as one of the things I have for your Easter basket is a couple packs of 8oz Dr. Brown's bottles. You've been spitting up more lately and it's definitely not my favorite part of motherhood. Changing my shirt a couple times a day because I forget to use a burp cloth to burp you is not helping the mounds of laundry I have building up. Sometimes you gulp your bottle so quickly that spitting up becomes inevitable!
Sleep/Awake Time: You've really been enjoying your light up mobile on your swing these days. If I'm lucky I can get in some cleaning time while you sit and stare at it. I've also been sitting (actually laying) you in Alexa's high chair. You seem to enjoy the change of scenery and the bright lights of the kitchen. You look like such a big boy sitting in there!
Diapering: Two words- Stinky Boy! That is all.
Clothing: This weeks warmer weather forced me to try on a couple 6 month onesie and pant sets and although they were a little big, you looked comfy in them. I'm finding that you can fit into Carters 6 month things but 3-6 months in any other brand are still huge on you. Luckily the more seasonable weather has returned and you'll get more wear out of your 0-3 month clothes.
Outings: This week we made a trip to the pediatrician for your 1 month check-up. You were amazing and super healthy! We also took a trip to Cutters Corner to get Nathan's haircut. This was the first time I got a "Are they all yours?" Yep. As a matter of fact they are! Sometimes I'm still shocked when I remember I have 4 kids.
Bath Time: I think things may be looking up on the bath front. You finally took a bath that didn't involve me worrying that the neighbors may think I was killing you. Sunday night Abby and I put you in the tub and you looked like you were enjoying it. You slowly kicked your little feet and laid there relaxed as I washed you. In fact, the only time you cried was when I took you out.
I am enjoying every minute with you. You're a fantastic little man! I <3 you Jackson Joseph!

No comments:

Post a Comment