Monday, March 21, 2011

Just a Mommy moment

Sometimes on Friday or Saturday night I bring Alexa into bed with me in hopes of getting an extra hour of sleep in the morning. Saturday night I did this. She was still pretty sleepy and actually rested her head on my shoulder as I carried her from her crib to my bed. She hadn't done this in months and I loved it. We wrestled around for a couple of minutes trying to get comfy. When we finally snuggled in we laid there eye to eye. She was awake but tired. She struggled to hold her eyes open. Almost as if she just couldn't bare to stop looking at me. She fought it and stared. As she stared she smiled. She was so in love and so was I. Finally the sleepiness got the best of her and her eyes closed. The sweetest part though was how the smile stayed on her face. There was no other place she'd rather be then in my arms cuddled up in Mommy's bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment