Monday, May 3, 2010

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!

It's the sound I'm hearing with every minute of the day. I still have so much to do. Do they call this nesting? I think I've got the nesting bug! I made a list yesterday. A to do list. And it has fifty something things to do before Alexa makes her debut. Ack! Eight weeks left but the urgency feels like there's only a week or two. I can't believe I am 32 weeks pregnant. I never thought I'd be here again and I am so grateful. I never thought I'd feel kicks again but I am. And I am enjoying every minute of it. Sometimes I just smile when I feel her. People probably think I'm crazy but I never want to forget those feelings. It's amazing. I'm so torn between wanting to meet her and hold her and start our new life together as a family of five but not wanting this pregnancy to ever end. Only God knows if I'll ever feel this again. It's like my own private secret. Only I know when she's moving. Only I know when she's awake. Only I can hold her now. Soon I'll have to share her and I don't want to. I love having her all to myself. I love preparing for her. I love daydreaming about her. I love you Alexa Lynn McCabe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment