Friday, May 21, 2010

I want my normal peaceful life back

So again, it's been awhile. I swore I was going to record every moment of this pregnancy but so it happens and I don't make the time. Let's catch up a bit. I had another ultrasound on May 12th. The midwives thought I was measuring a bit big and sent me for one to ease both of our minds. My mom and Amanda came with which was a nice change. Burt couldn't make it because he had work. After a long morning which consisted of chasing around a tiny white feeder mouse and rushing to get in the shower and make it to the appointment on time...we got to see my bay-bah! She's getting so big in there and oh so healthy! They estimate her weight at 33 weeks and 4 days to be 5lbs 6 oz which comes out to be 55th percentile. I'm hoping her weight gain slows down a bit as I don't want to be pushing out a 9lb baby but I'll take what I can get. She's head down and her back was rounding up my left side. The scan was quite quick. We waited in the room for the doctor to come in and go over the results with me and then we were out of there. He said placenta looks great! Fluid level looked great! And baby was measuring perfectly! And that's where all the perfectness ended. Thursday morning I woke up with a few bug bites on my legs. Very itchy bug bites might I add. Then Friday morning I woke up with hives going up my neck and up my face. I called the midwives to be sure it was nothing pregnancy related and they instructed me to call my primary. My primary was already out of the office for the day so I decided to struggle through. I made it all the way until Saturday morning when the intense itchiness was undeniable. I made a call to the on call doctor and she called me in a steroid cream. The cream helped a bit and I went about my daily activities. By Saturday night when I was ready to relax and watch a movie I started rubbing the cream on my itchy legs. I pulled up my pant leg on my right leg and saw that one of the bites was completely red, "angry", and infected looking. Burt insisted we go to the ER. I called my mom and she came right over to sit with the kids. The ER concluded that the bite was infected and prescribed some antibiotics. As for the other rashes they gave me some prednisone and sent me on my way with instructions to follow up with my primary. They all were guessing but said that it was probably an allergic reaction of some sort. General and vague, I know! The prednisone made the itchiness controllable and the antibiotics took away the redness of the bite but I was still left with this weird rash in between my fingers and blisters all over my hands and fingers. It was gross. When I met with the midwives for my next appointment, I was still covered in rashes. Oh yea and I've gained a total of 11 pounds. My blood pressure was normal at 120 something over 80 something. And I measured right on a 34 centimeters. Anyways, Becca was amazed at the rash and could only conclude that it might be some sort of autoimmune reaction. Thanks Becca! She insisted I call her after my appointment with my primary to tell her what they thought it was. She was truly interested! That same day Nathan came home with a rash covering his tummy and back. Before long the rash had crept up the sides of his face and was behind his ears. His pediatrician thought it could be some sort of contact dermatitis or a virus manifesting in a rash. Thanks doc! So this lead to him begin home from school for three days. Did I forget to mention that this is the same week that I volunteered to watch Burt's friend's son Joey? Yea, a two year old. Fun! Fun! It's been a long week. I'm tired, I'm swollen, and I'm starting to get really uncomfortable when I'm sleeping. I drool way to much and I wake up to pee about 5 times a night. I swore I wouldn't complain about all of these things because I was just so grateful to be pregnant again, but waaaaaahhhhh! It's so hard! My ankles are literally the size of my calves. That's not sexy. And to boot I've been covered with itchy rashes, ugly blisters, and I couldn't shave my legs. Talk about a real self esteem booster. I'm just looking forward to Monday when hopefully life goes back to normal. Nathan should be back in school by then, my rash should be almost completely gone and there will be no more Joey. Maybe I'll get in three more weeks of relaxation. You think? I can only hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment