Friday, May 7, 2010

Another appointment down

I had another midwives appointment on the 5th of May. It went surprisingly well considering how rushed and stressed I was getting there. I hopped in the car with 5 minutes to spare until my appointment only to notice that I was almost entirely out of gas. A quick stop at the gas station and ten dollars poorer I headed off to the appointment. I got there about ten minutes late so I knew I'd be waiting a little while but I didn't mind. Now that I'm actually showing I love to sit in the waiting room with all of the women who are not as far along as I am or who are just finding out they are pregnant. I feel a bit higher up on the pregnancy hierarchy. Weird, I know. I got weighed and am now officially four pounds heavier then my prepregnancy weight. Not bad. My blood pressure was checked and although I don't remember the exact numbers, it was good. I saw Becca for this appointment and she was her bubbly wonderful self as usual. We talked about her trip to Germany and then it was all baby business. I told her about how I was starting to get really nervous and worried as the end of the pregnancy nears. I just know how many things can still go wrong and I'm scared to death about them. She assured me that that was normal for someone who had been through all that I have. And before I knew it I was laying on the table listening to that beautifully beating heart. She measured me too and it seems as if I'm measuring larger then I should me. I know at the last appointment I was 30 weeks measuring 35 weeks so I can only imagine that at 32 weeks I was probably measuring 37 weeks. I don't feel that big. And baby doesn't feel that uncomfortably but I was happy that she offered for me to have an ultrasound done to check on the size of the baby. I left with my referral and made my u/s appointment for May 12th at twelve. I'm excited for the chance to see our baby again. She's going to be so much bigger now. I hope we get a few good pictures. I'm excited to be getting so close to meeting her. My belly is getting rounder by the day and I've noticed that I'm bumping it into counters, and doors, and furniture now. I'm waking up in the middle of the night to pee at least three times. Luckily I can lay back in bed and still fall right back to sleep. I'm having to roll over in bed quite a bit too to stay comfy but that's not too bad either. The worst part seems to be having to grunt and groan as I try to sit up in bed to get to the bathroom. I noticed last night that my left foot and ankle were EXTREMELY swollen. At least twice as swollen as the right one. It wasn't painful so I just tried to prop it up on the beanbag chair as I sat and watched TV. It's probably nothing but I'll definitely mention it to the midwives. I've been working really hard lately to get things crossed off of my to do list before Alexa makes her big arrival. I'd like to be somewhat organized and ready to come home and enjoy her when she decides to meet us. I know that first week is going to be hard and I don't want to have to focus my energy onto any of these silly little things. Her room is almost complete now. We hung the letters on the wall for her name and now all I need to do is adjust the tape and straighten them out. I need to buy the molding for around them and paint it. Then all I need to do is have Burt hang the shelf and the curtain rods and we'll be all set. It's looking so cute in there already. Although I want her to stay in there a bit longer I wouldn't mind meeting her in 3 or 4 weeks. She'll decide when she's ready though. Until then I just have to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment