Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Let's backtrack


Baby is now 11 inches long and 1 pound. Keep growing baby girl!
It's been awhile since I last wrote as it usually is. So it is definitely time for an update. As of lately I've been spending all of my free time packing or arranging things to move. We move this Saturday hopefully if our new landlord stops playing games with us. She's very annoying! On Monday the 22nd I had my 22 week appointment with the midwives. I felt so much more relaxed going to this appointment and couldn't wait to share the good news of my u/s with them. First we checked my weight. Didn't gain anything since my five pound weight gain last month. I'm currently at my prepregnancy weight and hope to keep it there. My blood pressure was great at 120/82. I figured it would be good since I've kinda let go of some of the stress of the pregnancy. We talked about how well my u/s went and I told Becca that Dr. Weiners no longer felt that I needed to be seen by him. Hasta Lavista Dr. Weiners! I told her that our little pumpkin is going to be a girl and we talked about the 3D/4D ultrasounds and if she thought that that would be okay. Of course she said yes and told us we'd have to bring her the pictures. We again searched for pumpkin's heartbeat and she was moving and kicking so much that Becca couldn't get right over top of her. So we sufficed with hearing the pulse through the umbilical cord again. We also decided that I would do my gestational diabetes test at my next appointment. Things have changed a bit with that and now they give you the sugary drink ahead of time and have you drink it a half an hour before the appointment to have your blood drawn after the appointment. No more sitting around for one hour and waiting. Yay for me! Then it was off to lunch at subway with Burt. The excitement didn't end there either because we decided to go to Babies R Us to register after eating lunch. I had given Cindy the list of invitees the night before and she told me I better get cracking on a registry. So, that we did. I have to say that I was especially excited walking into Babies R Us that time. This time it felt different. I still can't believe we are at the point of registering. It still seems like it's all a dream and at any minute I will wake up. It just doesn't feel real. It was fun though. You feel so special walking around the store. Everyone who sees you with the registry gun knows your pregnant. That for me is exciting. I have spent many hours reasearching baby things so my research was finally paying off and for the most part I knew what I wanted.

We have continued shopping for this little one. I got the baby bedding in the mail on Monday too. It's just as beautiful as I thought it was going to be and I love it. The blanket is so soft and I can't wait until I'm cuddling up my baby girl in it. We bought the lamp base at BRU the day I registered and now I think we've got just about everything we need for the baby's room. I think I'm going to return the canvas bins I bought for the changing table and get the metal ones I saw at Babysupermart. They were so cute! Then all we need to do is figure out the dresser situation. I was thinking about salvaging my old dresser for the baby's room but now that I'm thinking about it maybe we'll salvage it for our room and buy a new one for the baby's room as originally planned. I dunno. I just want to get into this house and start organizing. I feel the nesting bug about to bite me. So, lots going on and little energy to update but I'm going to try and work on that. Signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment