Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Party planning is my passion!

I admit it...I'm a party planning junkie! Months before the kids birthdays roll around you will find me scouring the internet looking for ideas. My pinterest "Party" board is one of my favs!! This year I struggled with deciding whether to do a "Yo Gabba Gabba" theme or a "Goggie" theme. She loves both things equally. I knew I could find plenty of premade Gabba decorations but I'd have to make the doggie themed ones. Which theme won? Doggies of course! I couldn't pass up the adorable puppies I found on the Create a Critter cartridge....a super cute dalmation and light brown terrier. I started gathering ideas in April and worked on things little by little. As always I had more ideas then I was actually able to bring to life.

Front Door

Favor Table

Back Door

Archway between living room & dining room

Outside Table Centerpieces
Lexa's Party Shoes

Dessert Table
Brownies, Pawprint cupcakes, Pupcorn, Choc covered pretzels, Fruit cups, Fruit dip, Pink waffers, Rice crispy treats





I'm so sad. I didn't take any pictures of the backyard in all of it's pink and purple prettiness. We had four round tables set up with pink and purple tableclothes and lots of balloons. I decorated Alexa's high chair with pink and purple streamers and a big dalmation taped to the front of the tray. Super cute!

I didn't have very many crafts or games to do this year. I had quite a few people find out that they couldn't make it last minute and quite a few of the guests were too young to participate in anything like that. Next year I'm sure it will be a little more exciting. Most of the little kids spent their time playing in the water table and the sandbox. The adults spent time chit chatting and eating. I feel like I raced around like a crazy woman the whole day but I enjoyed it all. Alexa had a blast pouring water on her head, opening her presents, playing with her new chapstick and eating sweets! Sounds like a great 2nd birthday party for my birthday girl!!


FRIENDS: Ebby, Ryan, Alexa and Richie


She had sooooo much fun dumping water on her head

Llama Llama Misses Momma from Mommy, Daddy, Abby, Nate and Jax

Doctor Kit from Kristen, Tommy and Ryan


This is the face she made the whole time we sang "Happy Birthday"



Puppy Pound
And when it was time to go home the guests each got to pick a puppy, puppy chow (cocoa puffs), puppy vitamins (gummy bears), a leash and collar and a tennis ball for the puppy (or the owner)




No comments:

Post a Comment