Monday, April 13, 2009

The elite few turned into the everybody but two!

So my idea was originally to keep this pregnancy a secret until 12 weeks. It was very hard on me to have to tell everyone about the miscarriage. I felt like such a failure even though I knew it wasn't my fault. The plan was to tell one person so I could talk their ear off about it and then wait. So Burt was obviously the first to know. Then I made an announcement to my clomid ivillage girls. But the second RLF to know was Shannon. She was happy and we talked about it for awhile. But that talking never seemed to quench my "I wanna scream it from the rooftops" feeling. The next to know was my friend and neighbor Linda. I showed her the test and her first response was "Why is it so faint?". Not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least she knew I was pregnant. Then my brother. And his story is my favorite. Since finding out I was pregnant Burt and I had been referring to the baby as Jelly Bean. Being two days before Easter I guess we had Easter on the brain. So as I was getting ready for bed in the bedroom he yelled to me from the living room, "Why don't we spill the beans to Frankie?!" I of course smiled at how clever and witty he was. Frankie of couse was dying to know what we were laughing about. I just spurted out "We won the lottery!". Again, somewhat true. And he says "I'm gonna need to see proof of that!" It couldn't have been more perfect. I took the proof (my hpt) out of my pocket and just walked up and handed it to him. When he saw both lines he knew it. He said, "You're pregnant?" Burt and I both nodded and yelled yep!!!! And of course congratulations followed. After finally deciding to spill the beans to all of my family on Easter. Burt came up with a nice way to tell my nana. So when she walked in at my Aunt's house, I just handed her the test and said "Happy Easter". She looked down at the digital and screamed. We hugged and all that mushy gushy stuff. Word soon spread like wildfire and my aunt was asking everyone if they had heard "Jessie's good news". It was nice to hear all the congrats and well wishes.

And the elite few are as follows and in order:

Burt, Ivillage, Shannon, Lida, Frankie, Nana, Aunt Debbie, Uncle Henry, Abby & Nathan, Shawn & Liz, Chris & Ryan, Aunt Carol/Aunt Cindy/Nicky (all at the same time thanks to nana).

No comments:

Post a Comment