Thursday, May 17, 2012

23 months


She LOVES this monkey!


I definitely feel as if I've neglected updating about my little Lexa Lynn lately. It's so hard to keep up with all the changes going on with these babies these days. Thank God Abby and Nathan are older and don't hit as many milestones. I'd never be able to keep up with it all.

My baby girl, you turned 23 months old yesterday! One more month and you'll be 2! Is that even possible? You don't seem two to me even though you're so mature. I'm one lucky Momma! You so far have been a pretty easy toddler. You listen quite well. Well enough for me to let you walk ahead of me on the sidewalk and never have to worry about you going near the street. Well enough that you've been coloring and painting and doing big girl arts and crafts since about 15 months old. Well enough that I can send you to walk down the driveway and up the front steps while I get Jackson out of the car. I don't realize just how well behaved you are until I see you around other kids your own age and see how much of a difference there is in your behavior. Thank you Alexa for being an AMAZING little girl!

I love listening to you talk and just watching your routines. In the morning when you wake up you lay in bed shouting "Momma? Momma?" until I hear you on the monitor and come in to get you. Sometimes you come into the bathroom with me while I put in my contacts and you always steal either Abby or Nathan's toothbrush and brush your teeth with it. You even pretend to spit in the sink. You've begun protesting when I give you a sippy of cold water. You want juice! And we can thank your Daddy for that very bad habit! I've started letting you drink water from a big girl cup in an attempt to make it fun again. You're doing pretty well with it although my carpets aren't ready for you to be drinking anything else that might stain in a big girl cup.

You're still a huge Yo Gabba Gabba fanatic! You sing along to just about every song they sing. Your favorite is "There's a Party in my Tummy". You know every word. "Carrots wanna go to the party in my tummy?" you say "Yeaaaaaah!". Listening to you sing makes it almost makes it worth it to listen to the CD over and over again in the van.  Gabba is by far your fav but these days you will also hear Sesame Street playing on our TV. You call it "Melmo". I appreciate the variety.

Alexa, I just love listening to you using new words. Lately you've learned the word "spicy" and you use it every time you take a sip of someones soda. The carbonation must tickle your tongue and throat and remind you of something spicy. You've also started saying "Wal" for "Walk", which we have been doing every night and you love it!

You are a wonderful big sister. I wasn't always so sure of how well you would adjust to having a baby around but it's been such an easy transition. You love holding him, kissing him and talking to him in high pitched voices. Anytime Abby or I starts talking to Jackson you come running up to imitate us. You've earned the nickname "Copycat". You're just like another Momma to him. You come get me every time he cries. You say "Ry-in" for crying and you alert me every time he starts tipping over while sitting up on the couch.

Ever since we moved you into a toddler bed we've been reading a bedtime story. Sometimes it's the only way I get you to agree to peacefully walking up the steps at night. Right now your favorite books are "Momma" or "Llama llama mad at Momma" and "Doggie" or "Turner McWerner and Hooch the Pooch". You sit on your bed as I read and listen so quietly. When I say "The End" you immediately lay down ready to sleep.


HUGS!!


I love checking on you before I go to bed because I always find you in some crazy position.


You held onto this slide for dear life until you could finally hold no more.


You love putting on clothes. Even if they're not your own!


The other night we experimented with letting you sit in the back of the sit and stand. You thought it was great. You even enjoyed sitting in the basket.


Your very 1st ride in the car shopping cart. Too bad we can never find it when we go food shopping.


I'm such a lucky Momma. I get to spend every day listening to you learn and watching you grow. Watching you smile when I understand what you say and watching your eyes as you think and learn are some of the best experiences of my life. I cherish every day with you and love thinking about our future. I love you Lexa Lynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment