Tuesday, April 3, 2012

6 weeks





The days seem to be running together this week, making it harder to keep up with these weekly posts. It's so hard to think back to the beginning of the week.
My precious baby boy, you have become so enjoyable. The smiles make taking care of you so much more rewarding. I still well up with tears every time you smile at me. You've begun cooing at us too. Every time I hear you I can't stop my mind from wandering and thinking about what your voice will sound like. I imagine the day when you say "Momma" or "Dadda" and I smile. I certainly don't want to rush these moments but I get so excited thinking about the future.
Feeding: It's getting more difficult to say exactly how much you're eating these days. Some bottles are 4oz and you're perfectly content with that. Others are 5oz and you suck them dry. We're still trying to keep you on an every 4 hours schedule but some days that's impossible. Growth spurt maybe?
Sleep/Awake Time: This week we started letting you spend time on your play mat. You don't stay occupied for long but it does give you a new type of stimulation.
Diapering: Still in size 1's
Clothing: Everything is getting a bit snug but I'm trying to hang in there with the size 0-3 month winter clothes. The warmer weather is right around the corner and I'd hate to buy another winter wardrobe in a bigger size when you have a closet full of summer clothes. I'm so excited to see your chubby little legs in shorts. This week I bought you a super cute one piece outfit that says "Crabby but Cute". Love it!!
Outings: Household errands have been the majority of our outings this week. We took a trip to KMart and Target to pick up candy and prizes for our Easter egg hunt. I even found an Easter basket for you that matches Alexa's. Now the two big kids have matching baskets and the two little kids have matching baskets. Other outings include a trip to Pathmark for food shopping where Mommy had to pull both you and your sister in a cart behind me and push the cart full of food in front of me. Fun times being the Mommy of two babies. This week the most exciting outing was your first trip to the zoo. You of course slept thru most of it.
Bath Time: My sweet love bug, I love giving you a bath now that you seem to enjoy it. You're just so relaxed. You love when I squeeze the washcloth full of water over your tummy. You squirm when I wash in between your toes. You're so ticklish.
6 weeks ago I was staring at my brand new baby boy. I was studying each and every inch of your body...memorizing your smell...trying to burn the sound of your cry into my brain. I never want to forget these beginning days but it happens. Inevitably. And some day I'll look at you and wonder where the time went. I'll shed a tear when I look at pictures of you when you were only 6 weeks old. For now I'll walk away from the computer and cuddle you. I'll kiss your chubby cheek and sniff your bald head and love every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment