Sunday, November 27, 2011

October 31st- Halloween

















So again here I go with back tracking my posts. I swear I think about updating here all the time and just never take the 5 or 10 minutes to do so. I think in part it has to do with the half a keyboard I have to work with here. I'm missing letters "a" "s" "x" and the backspace key. All very important considering one of my main topics here is a little someone named Alexa.


So onto way more interesting things...Halloween started off with a bang. Literally! I had planned to head out trick or treating around 5:45 so we'd have plenty of time to meet up with our friend Linda and her rugrats. Around 4:45 I got a call from Burt. "I just got in an accident. I hit a lady's car. I totally zoned out and started to go on a red light." My 1st thoughts were for this lady (I already knew Burt was okay). She had an 8 or 9 year old child in the car. They called the police and the woman's car was towed. She said that they felt fine and all was well. I then started worrying about the inevitable phone call Burt had to make to his boss to let him know the work truck was involved in an accident. It went as I expected. Now all I had to do was wait for Burt to come home. So we waited...and waited..and waited. Finally around 6:00 he was backing into the driveway and we were on our way. The kids made out like bandits as usual. Alexa loved running from house to house. She'd do 1 house to the big kids 3 houses. By time she was 3 houses behind I'd pick her up and we'd catch up to everyone else. By the 2nd house she had the hang of this trick or treating stuff. She'd reach right into the bowls of candy and help herself. I couldn't get her to say thank you buy she did a whole lot of waving and saying "Bye Bye!" By 7:45 everyone was wiped and we piled into the car to head home. At home the big kids dove into their candy. Abby's OCD kicked in and she actually organized her candy by name. Alexa helped herself to a lolly and yelled anytime anyone came close to taking it away. Boy was this year different from last and next year will again be totally different. I can't even imagine that we'll also have an 8 month old along for the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment